What GIS Week Is All About
GIS Week at NC State University is designed to be an accessible learning and professional development event series centered around geospatial analytics and spatial data science. Drawing inspiration from NC State's motto "Think and Do," GIS Week is designed to connect researchers, practitioners and industry partners across varying sectors and disciplines.
- Mon, Nov 15James B. Hunt Jr. Library + OnlineNov 15, 9:00 AM – Nov 19, 5:00 PMJames B. Hunt Jr. Library + Online, 1070 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27606, USAInspired by the visualization work of W.E.B. Du Bois, this exhibit is designed as a showcase of visualizations (both physical and digital) that are either modern extensions of Du Bois’ work or products of original scholarship around racial equity and justice.
- Mon, Nov 15The Oval next to Hunt Library
- Tue, Nov 16Creativity Studio in Hunt LibraryNov 16, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PMCreativity Studio in Hunt LibraryThe UAS Drone Workshop represents a unique opportunity to learn about the use of unmanned aerial systems in geospatial data applications. The full-day workshop will take place across two sessions and will cover how to collect and process drone data. Spaces are limited.
- Wed, Nov 17Virtually through Career Fair PlusNov 17, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMVirtually through Career Fair PlusSpatial Connect is a virtual career fair for those interested in geospatial analytics and spatial data science. With an emphasis on conversational networking and relationship building, Spatial Connect is a hub for those interested in connecting across sectors and disciplines.
- Wed, Nov 17CANCELLEDNov 17, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMCANCELLEDUnfortunately, due to complications in planning this event around COVID, we have decided to cancel the Triangle GIS Social this year. We encourage you to investigate our other events, though! And, we look forward to hopefully hosting a Triangle GIS Social next year!
- Thu, Nov 18Virtual Through Zoom
- Fri, Nov 19Virtual through ZoomNov 19, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AMVirtual through ZoomThe Coffee & Viz Event Series is a forum for NC State researchers to share their visualization work and discuss topics of interest. Coffee & Viz programs are free and open to the public. For this event, expect to hear from some of our Du Bois Visualization Exhibit contributors!
Where Passion and Place Meet
Lectures. Networking. Workshops.