[A series of statistical charts illustrating the condition of the descendants of former African slaves now in residence in the United States of America] Negro landholders in various states of the United States
W.E.B. Du Bois and Atlanta University students
Title: [A series of statistical charts illustrating the condition of the descendants of former African slaves now in residence in the United States of America] Negro landholders in various states of the United States.
Summary: Bar graph shows percentage of African Americans owning land in nine southern states.
Contributor Names: Atlanta University.Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963, collector.
Created / Published: [ca. 1900]
- Exposition universelle--(1900 :--Paris, France)--Exhibitions & displays
- African Americans--Economic & social conditions--1890-1900
- Right of property--1890-1900- Demography--1890-1900
Genre: Graphs--1890-1900, Drawings--Color--1890-1900
- Title from LOT 11931, no. 37; part title from item.
- Chart prepared by Atlanta University students for the Negro Exhibit of the American Section at the Paris Exposition Universelle in 1900 to show the economic and social progress of African Americans since emancipation.
- Text in English and French.
- Drawn on opposite side of LOT 11931, no. 55.
- The microfilm surrogate is available in the Prints & Photographs Reading Room.
- Forms part of: Daniel Murray collection (Library of Congress).
Medium: 1 drawing : ink ; 710 x 560 mm (board)
Call Number/Physical Location: LOT 11931, no. 56
Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print