[A series of statistical charts illustrating the condition of the descendants of former African slaves now in residence in the United States of America] Pauperism among American Negroes
W.E.B. Du Bois and Atlanta University students
Title: [A series of statistical charts illustrating the condition of the descendants of former African slaves now in residence in the United States of America] Pauperism among American Negroes.
Summary: Diagram shows number of African American almshouse residents.
Contributor Names: Atlanta University.Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963, collector
Created / Published: [ca. 1900]
- Exposition universelle--(1900 :--Paris, France)--Exhibitions & displays
- African Americans--Economic & social conditions--1890-1900
- Poor persons--1890-1900
Headings: Drawings--Color--1890-1900, Graphs--1890-1900.
Genre: Graphs--1890-1900, Drawings--Color--1890-1900
- Title from LOT 11931, no. 37; part title from item.
- Chart prepared by Atlanta University students for the Negro Exhibit of the American Section at the Paris Exposition Universelle in 1900 to show the economic and social progress of African Americans since emancipation.
- Text in English and French.
- Drawn on opposite side of LOT 11931, no. 58.
- The microfilm surrogate is available in the Prints & Photographs Reading Room.
- Forms part of: Daniel Murray collection (Library of Congress).
Medium: 1 drawing : ink and watercolor ; 710 x 560 mm (board)
Call Number/Physical Location: LOT 11931, no. 59 (M) [P&P]
Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print